Thursday, February 16, 2012

In The Truck...Oh Yeah!!

Here it is....the windshield chronicles of my first trucking trip with Jim. I'll update this as internet connections permit with photos, etc. and with any luck also make it look a little better aesthetically. Feel free to add comments and send emails! --Linda

Day One
February 16, 2012

Just waiting for the "real" adventure part of this to begin--that is, that Jim gets a load assigned and we GO!! Starting mileage: 664299.

Yesterday we loaded all the stuff into the car, which was an adventure in itself as one would expect! The plan was to be on the road by 8:00 AM, go by my parent's house to say good-bye and then head to Dallas to get all the necessary paperwork signed, the stuff loaded into the truck, and then be able to relax and enjoy the rest of the day. Well...that didn't quite work.

Instead, what happened was a 9:30 getaway and a phone call to my parents. And rain, of course. It just HAD to start raining just about the time we're ready to load stuff into the car. But if I can do nothing else well, I CAN pack!! So yes, it all fit into the car. And we did get to Dallas with plenty of time for me to get all the paperwork signed and stuff into the truck.

Yarn is light. Beads are not. So the yarn got to go behind my seat, so problem. The beads I'd brought along? Those were a problem. So the ammo box of beads went to the hotel for re-sorting. And re-re-sorting. And a re-re-re-sorting. Final bedtime verdict: the beads needed to stay in the trunk of the car. A final "sort of last resort" while Jim was in the shower this morning resulted in a zip lock bag that passed muster. So there are enough beads with me for 3-4 bracelets, which is enough to satisfy my "need to bead."

A last minute run through Walmart this morning at 6:00 AM to grab an extra standard size pillow and a toothbrush case for me finished things up and now we're just waiting to get going! Jim is doing his exercises and I'm trying to get as much posted while internet access exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment